DolorClast® Radial Shock Waves
Shockwave Therapy delivers a radial shockwave through the surface of the skin to the injured tissue. It’s an intense but very short energy wave travelling faster than the speed of sound that initiates an inflammation-like response in the injured tissue and accelerates the healing process.
It provides pain relief for the patient and is a proven non-surgical technology, included in NICE guidelines.
Shockwave Therapy is effective in treating chronic, persistent or recurring painful conditions of the musculoskeletal system, particularly those involving tendons and ligaments.
- Plantar fasciitis and heel spurs
- Achilles tendinopathy (mid-body and insertional)
- Patella tendinopathy (Jumper’s knee) and Osgood-Schlatter’s disease
- Shin splints, medial tibial stress syndrome, stress fractures
- ITB syndrome (Runner’s knee)
- Trochanteric bursitis and gluteal tendinopathy (pain around the hip)
- Hamstring tendinopathy
- Rotator cuff tendinopathy and calcification in the shoulder
- Tennis and Golfer’s elbow
“I don’t know where I would be without this place. After months of seeing osteopaths, physios, consultants etc, no one could help. Davinder knew straight away what was wrong and how to help. This was 5 years ago now and I still visit regularly to keep my back in check. I have recommend many friends over the years and they have all been very impressed.“
Ask us about sports massage
Optispine uses the latest and most advanced physiotherapy techniques and equipment, specifically designed to help people with back and joint problems.
Treatment starts with accurate diagnosis of the problem, followed by effective hands-on therapy to reduce pain and restore function as quickly as possible.
Alongside this, we are able to offer rehabilitation plans for a more long-term solution, including advanced hydrotherapy using underwater treadmills and a specialist 7-step programme.
Heath Mill Road
t. 01902 898256